Site navigation

You are here:

In this section (local navigation):

Alternative Sections

Qualifications required to teach catering and hospitality

Ref: 2679
Last updated on 17 Sep 2013
Can non-specialist teachers teach catering and hospitality? Teachers with qualified teaching status can teach any subject the school deems suitable, but the national standard is to use qualified specialist staff and/or provide training for non-specialists. We cite comments from the DATA and the NUT.

Become a member of The Key to view this article in full

As a visitor to this site you have limited access to our service and can view article summaries only. Members can view 3,000+ articles in full and ask our researchers to answer their questions. Find out more about the benefits of The Key and our membership fees.

Free trial membership You can register for a free trial membership by clicking the button on the right.

Already a member? Log in here

Site tools


Use this to save articles that you’d like to return to later.

Visited content

This shows articles you’ve looked at.

Commented on

This keeps track of articles that you’ve commented on.

You’ve subscribed to

This shows articles where you asked to be emailed when they are updated.

Your print cart

Save articles here for printing as a batch.

The Key Group sites