You are here:
How to avoid the common pitfalls of academy conversion
Learn from our experts' experiences of supporting schools through conversion to steer clear of some of the frequent problems schools face.
- Don't leave complicated issues to the last minute
- Be clear about why you're converting
- Don't avoid the tough questions on governance
- Don't copy someone else's template schemes of delegation
- Don't let the process to distract from running the school
- Delegate project management to a member of staff, not a governor
- Research your options, even if you're becoming a sponsored academy
- ... Now read more on the conversion process
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.