You are here:
Academy conversion process
Read our summary of the academy conversion process, including information on preparing to convert, submitting the application form, and setting up an academy trust. Read a case study of one school's conversion journey.
- Before you apply
- Registering an interest to convert
- Applying to convert
- Set up or join an academy trust
- Transfer responsibilities to the academy trust
- Prepare to open as an academy
- After opening as an academy
- Timeline for the conversion process
- Converting as an academy after deferring an application: case study
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.