Equality and inclusion
Equality requirements and procedures 10 articles
- Your school must have an accessibility plan. Find out what your plan needs to include, and follow our step-by-step guide to make sure you stay compliant.
- You need to review your accessibility plan every 3 years. Read expert advice on what that means, and see examples of audit checklists from local authorities and schools.
- Find out about your requirements for providing collective worship and how to go about holding it. Be clear on whether pupils and teachers can withdraw.
Specific equality considerations 9 articles
- To create an anti-racist curriculum and teach in a way that's truly inclusive, you and your staff need to first understand the issues. These books and resources should support you on this journey.
- Find out how feedback from your school community should inform your anti-racism action plan, so you can address the specific problems faced in your school. Learn how to set specific objectives, meaningful actions and achievable milestones, and how to measure progress so you know your school's on the right track.
- Only 4% of British children’s books published in 2018 featured a main character from a BAME background. Improve representation and diversity in your school library and classrooms, so that they reflect the society we live in, and BAME pupils feel represented and valued.