Equality and inclusion
Equality requirements and procedures 9 articles
- Your school must have an accessibility plan. Find out what your plan needs to include, and follow our step-by-step guide to make sure you stay compliant.
- Get guidance on carrying out an accessibility audit as part of your duty to have an accessibility plan. Find out who to consult and see examples from schools and local councils.
- Find out about your requirements for providing collective worship and how to go about holding it. Be clear on whether pupils and teachers can choose not to attend.
Specific equality considerations 10 articles
- To create an anti-racist curriculum and teach in a way that's truly inclusive, you and your staff need to first understand the issues. These books and resources should support you on this journey.
- Find out how feedback from your school community should inform your anti-racism action plan, so you can address the specific problems faced in your school. Learn how to set specific objectives, meaningful actions and achievable milestones, and how to measure progress so you know your school's on the right track.
- People from ethnically diverse groups and backgrounds are underrepresented in British children’s books. Find out how to improve representation and diversity in your school library and classrooms, so they reflect the society we live in and so all of your pupils feel represented and valued.