Download our rolling maintenance schedule template
Schools are expected to plan for and maintain their buildings to make sure they are:
- Provide a suitable teaching and learning environment
This is explained in the good estate management for schools guidance from the DfE.
For more information, read our article on duties relating to maintenance of school premises.
How to do maintenance planning
Identify priorities by carrying out a full condition survey
This will help you to:
- Identify what work is needed to maintain the estate
- Consider how much works might cost
- Prioritise work within available funds
- Understand if the nature of the buildings changes
The results of this will help you to prepare a maintenance programme.
Check with your academy trust, diocese or local authority, as they may do this on your behalf.
This should cover a 5-year period, including a rolling maintenance schedule of works to