You are here:
Academies Financial Handbook: changes from September 2019
Read about the major changes that you should be aware of, including new requirements for internal audit and whistle-blowing procedures.
- Internal scrutiny (aka internal audit): new principles
- Whistle-blowing procedures: new requirements
- Risk registers are now a 'must', not just a 'should'
- Publishing financial notices to improve
- Publishing contact details for all trustees and members
- Audit committee: more details on what it must do
- Executive pay: new considerations when setting
- Other, minor changes introduced in the handbook
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.