You are here:
Financial transparency: requirements for maintained schools
Get up to speed with the changes to financial regulations for maintained schools to improve financial transparency. Find out what you’re required to do, so you can make sure you're compliant.
- Submit a 3-year budget forecast to your LA
- Record and declare related party transactions (RPTs)
- Submit a recovery plan to your LA if your deficit rises above 5%
- Publish the number of individuals earning over £100k, in £10k bandings, annually on your school's website
- Publish a link to the 'schools financial benchmarking' website, on your school's website
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.