Writing a good grant application can take a long time, so make sure you've set aside enough time to compile all the information you need.
Before you start
Know your audience:
- Find out all you can about the charity or organisation you're applying to, so you can tailor your responses to the audience you're writing for
- Check the funding criteria – if you don't meet it, you won't be considered
- If you can, get in touch with previously successful bidders to find out why they were successful. Some funders publish lists of previous winners on their websites
Plan your project carefully
Before you start filling in an application form, find out:
- How much money you'll need
- How you'll be spending the grant
- How long the project will take
You also need to know who'll be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the project.
It may be an