You are here:

Selling alcohol at school events: licensing

Ref: 5329
Last updated on 16 December 2016
School types: All · School phases: All
In-depth article
Do we need a licence to sell alcohol at school events? We outline licensing requirements for serving alcohol at one-off events and guidance on applying for a temporary event notice (TEN). You will find information about when a TEN is required, how to apply, and storing and displaying the notice.

Article tools


  1. 1 DfE advice: alcohol at school events
  2. 2 Requirements for selling alcohol at temporary events
  3. 3 When a TEN is required
  4. 4 Restrictions
  5. 5 Applying for a TEN
  6. 6 Storing and displaying your TEN

Article features

  • 8 external links

More from The Key

CPD Toolkit Fresh

CPD Toolkit makes it easy to run training in-house

Covering a wide range of topics, including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.