You are here:
Case study: promoting your rural school to increase your pupil roll
Keeping pupil numbers up is key to keeping a rural school viable. Here's how one village school in Suffolk has steadily doubled its pupil roll to become stable again, through promotional strategies that you could try too.
- Make sure newcomers to the area know about your school
- Hold open days for local pre-schools and feeder schools
- Identify opportunities to meet your community's needs
- Get more people through your doors
- Promote yourselves constantly
- Convey the right image on your website and social media profiles
- Promote your history
- Three things to avoid
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.