You are here:
2019 in education: predictions for the year ahead
We look into our Key-stal ball to see what awaits us in 2019. Here's the long read that’ll get you ahead on the main developments likely to hit the sector this year.
- Curriculum takes centre stage in the new Ofsted inspection framework
- Floor and coasting standards set to change
- MATs: increased accountability?
- Budgets continue to shrink, particularly for SEND
- Some good budget news: roll out of School Buying Hubs
- The ‘B’ word likely to hit teacher recruitment
- Edtech: more schools moving to the cloud?
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.