Working with governors
Governing board procedures 1 article
Governor responsibilities and training 3 articles
- Be clear on how your role and responsibilities differ from those of the governing board. Understand the difference between strategic and operational tasks, and find questions your governing board might use to support and challenge your decisions.
- Be clear on the key tasks that governing boards should perform to meet their statutory duties.
- Understand your governing board’s duty to monitor educational performance in your school, and what information you can provide to help them do their job well.
Managing relationships with governors 1 article
Reports to governors 10 articles
- Use our adaptable template to paint a clear picture to governors of absence and attendance in your school. Get governors up to speed on the common barriers to attendance, your approach to tackling them, and demonstrate impact.
- Use our template and guidance to help you make sure your report covers the right level of detail for your trustees.For Trust Leaders
- Use our template and guidance to report to governors about continuing professional development (CPD).