Working with governors
Governing board procedures 1 article
- Governor visits Be clear about the purpose of governor visits and how best to conduct them. Get guidance on visits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Governor responsibilities and training 3 articles
- Division of responsibilities: headteacher and governing board Be clear on how your role and responsibilities differ from those of the governing board. Understand the difference between strategic and operational tasks, and find questions your governing board might use to support and challenge your decisions.
- Governing board: statutory responsibilities Be clear on the key tasks that governing boards should perform to meet their statutory duties.
- How governors monitor educational performance Understand your governing board’s duty to monitor educational performance in your school, and what information you can provide to help them do their job well.
Managing relationships with governors 1 article
- How to work with your chair of governors Read about how you can effectively work with your chair of governors, and understand what the role of the chair involves and how it differs to your own.
Reports to governors 10 articles
- Attendance: template report to governors Use our adaptable template to paint a clear picture to governors of absence and attendance in your school. Get governors up to speed on the common barriers to attendance, your approach to tackling them, and demonstrate impact.
- CEO report to the board: template and guidance Use our template and guidance to help you make sure your report covers the right level of detail for your trustees.For Trust Leaders
- CPD reports to governors: template Use our template and guidance to report to governors about continuing professional development (CPD).