Headteachers' reports to governors based on the Ofsted framework
See examples of headteachers' reports to governors based on the 2019 Ofsted framework.
Ofsted framework: areas of judgement
Ofsted will make graded judgements in the following areas:
- Overall effectiveness
- Quality of education
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Personal development
- Leadership and management
Below, we look at examples of reports from the headteacher to the governing board, based on the areas outlined above.
St Martin's Catholic Primary School in Halton has a report from autumn 2019 based on the new Ofsted framework.
In the section on 'quality of education' it covers:
- Curriculum strengths and areas for development
- Opportunities for gaining cultural capital
- Assessment, including targets for each Key Stage
Cockwood Primary School in Exeter has a spring term 2021 leadership report for governors.
In the section on 'leadership and management', it addresses:
- Attendance during COVID-19
- Remote learning engagement and feedback from parents
Blacon High School in Cheshire has a headteacher's report from