This article is based on the DfE’s guidelines for meeting IT services and digital equipment standards.
Use the guidance to help you make informed decisions
You'll already be meeting some of the standards by complying with legislation such as the UK GDPR and Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE).
Unless the standards relate to specific legislation, they're not statutory requirements. However, meeting the standards will:
- Make the school safer
- Achieve better value for money
- Provide new learning opportunities for your pupils
You can also use the guidance to help you:
- Make budgeting decisions for buying or maintaining technology
- Choose appropriate technology and services to buy
- Renew contracts with technology providers to best meet your needs
- Correctly install new equipment
Know what to prioritise
If you'd rather download the tables as a checklist that you can RAG-rate, you'll