This article is based on the DfE's guidance on the funding round for the 2023-24 financial year (in particular, the 'CIF 2023-24 information for applicants').
Who is the condition improvement fund for?
You must have been 1 of the following at the start of September 2022:
- Single-academy trust ("stand-alone" academy)
- Academy in a multi-academy trust (MAT) with:
- Fewer than 5 academies, or
- 5 or more academies but fewer than 3,000 pupils
- Voluntary-aided (VA) schools in a VA body or group with:
- Fewer than 5 schools, or
- 5 schools but fewer than 3,000 pupils
- Sixth-form colleges
- Schools with a signed academy order as of the start of September 2022, that are expected to convert by 1 April 2023
Pupil and academy numbers are as counted in the spring 2022 census or 2021/22 individualised learner record.
Note: pupil numbers for special and alternative provision schools (including pupil referral units) are multiplied by 4.5.