You must use the DfE's template to publish your strategy statement
The template, along with sample statements to help you fill it out, are available here.
You must fill yours out for 2022-23 by the end of December 2022. The DfE will perform monitoring checks on a sample of schools' published statements.
You must demonstrate the evidence basis for your spending
In 2022-23, as with the previous year, you must show how your spending strategy is informed by research evidence, referring to a range of sources, including the toolkit published by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). The DfE says this in the conditions of grant.
Activities should include those that:
- Support the quality of teaching, such as staff CPD
- Provide targeted academic support, such as tutoring
- Tackle non-academic barriers to success in school, such as attendance, behaviour, and social and emotional support
These are set out on page 3 of the EEF's guide to the pupil premium.
Example statements from schools
- Longmoor Primary School, Derbyshire
- Cherry Tree Hill Primary School, Derby
- Dacre Braithwaite Church of England Primary School, North Yorkshire