You are here:
Post-16 funding: FAQs
Learn more about post-16 funding, with answers to questions on students not sitting exams or dropping a subject, funding for students over 19 or those taking resits, calculating planned hours on 2-year courses, new arrivals to sixth forms, and overseas students.
- Will we lose funding if a student does not sit an exam?
- Will we lose funding if a student drops a subject?
- Is there funding for students who are over 19?
- Can we average the planned hours in a 2-year programme?
- How are new arrivals to sixth forms funded?
- Is there funding for students who repeat a year?
- Are overseas students funded?
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.