Register of business and pecuniary interests
Find out about your requirements for publishing a register of business and pecuniary interests on maintained school and academy trust websites. This covers roles such as governors, trustees and members of the trust. See examples of registers.
You must keep a register of interests
Your school must:
- Keep a register of the business and pecuniary interests of:
- All governors who have served at any point over the past 12 months
- The headteacher
- Associate members (including whether they have voting rights on any committees)
- Keep the register up to date
- Publish the register online in a readily accessible form – this usually means it needs to be available on a webpage without the need to download or open a separate document
This is explained on pages 11 to 12 of the DfE's statutory guidance on the constitution of governing boards and section 4.9 of the DfE's statutory guidance on schemes for financing local authority maintained schools.
What you're required to include in the register
Business interests that they or a member of their immediate family have (for example, that they work for a supply company that your school uses) Governance roles in other educational