Data protection and information management
Collecting information 7 articles
- Get tips on how to collect and use data to help you determine where your HR practices could be more inclusive. Find out what steps to take to improve equality for your staff.
- Know what should be included in your pupil records, and what should be on the records' cover sheets. See as well what should be kept separate to the record.
- All schools need to hold an admission register. Find out what should be in it and see answers to frequently asked questions.
Data protection and sharing information 30 articles
- There's lots of new information to absorb now that you've taken on the role of data protection officer (DPO). Download our 'cheat sheet' to help you remember the key UK GDPR principles, deadlines and definitions.
- Find out how to transfer safeguarding files securely, and what information you should include. We also look at communicating with other schools and parents.
- Find out what a data protection impact assessment (DPIA) is, when it must be done, and who should be involved. Download and adapt our DPIA template to save you time.
Retaining records 4 articles
- Read guidance on keeping child protection records, including the information on the pupil file, allegations made against members of staff, and court orders.
- Records relating to first aid, accidents and medicines have different retention requirements set by various pieces of legislation and guidance. Manage your records effectively with the guidance below.
- Understand what information you should keep in staff personnel records and how long you should keep it for, so you can make sure you're compliant.