You are here:
GDPR: sharing safeguarding information
Be confident in how you share safeguarding information under the GDPR. Know the principles to follow, your legal reasons for sharing data, and your responsibilities for information sharing.
- Deciding when to share: safeguarding trumps data protection
- Know your lawful basis
- How to share safeguarding information
- Approaching requests from parents
- Responsibilities of all staff
- Responsibilities of DSLs (and any deputies)
- Responsibilities of DPOs and data protection leads
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.