Before and after-school clubs: risk assessments
See examples and templates of risk assessments for breakfast and after-school club wraparound care.
Viewing article for:
See school examples
Wakefield Snapethorpe Primary School in Wakefield has an after-school club risk assessment that provides space to answer the following questions:
- What are the hazards?
- Who might be harmed and how?
- What are you already doing (to prevent the hazard)?
- What further action is necessary?
- Action by who?
- Action by when?
George Spicer Primary School in Enfield has risk assessments for 2 sites that cover both after-school clubs and breakfast clubs:
They include control measures around:
- Staff suitability and awareness of procedures
- Site suitability
- Missing children
- Slips, trips and falls
Use templates and examples from the HSE and a local authority
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Get safeguarding peace of mind this summer term
Walk into the summer term with everything you need to maintain safeguarding vigilance in your school.
Download our summer term briefing pack, available for free to DSLs for a limited time only.
- Need-to-know: Academy Trust Handbook 2022 published 24 Aug 2022 19:02
- Need-to-know: Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) updated for 2022 20 May 2022 14:02
- Need-to-know: DfE launches consultation on changes to behaviour and exclusion guidance 4 Feb 2022 09:29
- Need-to-know: DfE publishes new statutory guidance on the cost of school uniform 19 Nov 2021 08:51
- Need-to-know: STPCD 2021 published 4 Oct 2021 10:30
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.