COSHH: risk assessment template and guidance
You need to have risk assessments for the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Use our template to help you, plus see the rules on what your assessments need to cover and get tips on how to carry one out.
You must carry out COSHH assessments
As the employer in your school, you must make "suitable and sufficient" assessments of the risks created by hazardous substances.
Keep a record
If you have 5 or more employees, you need to record:
- The significant findings of the risk assessments as soon as practicable
- The steps you've taken to prevent or control exposure to hazardous substances
Review your assessments regularly
Plus, review an assessment immediately if:
- You have reason to suspect that a current risk assessment is no longer valid;
- There's been a significant change in the work that the risk assessment relates to; or
- Any regular monitoring you carry out of exposure to hazardous substances suggests that a review is necessary
Download our risk assessment template
It also includes