Review your first aid needs regularly
The governing board and/or headteacher should do this, to ensure the first aid provision is adequate.
When reviewing your first aid needs, consider factors such as:
- The size of your school and whether it is on split sites and/or levels
- Your school's location
- Your school's layout
- Any specific hazards or risks on site
- The specific needs or disabilities of your pupils and staff
- The age range of your pupils
- The number of first aid personnel required
The review should happen at least annually, and particularly after any changes in circumstances, such as new premises or staff changes.
You can read more details on reviewing your first aid needs in the DfE's first aid in schools guidance.
See examples of risk assessment templates you can download in this article.
Risk assessments: examples from schools