School minibus: risk assessments
See examples of minibus risk assessments and read about safety guidance from a union.
- St Christopher's Prep School (see 'minibus driver's risk assessment')
- Park High School (see page 11 of the 'school minibus policy')
- Hillingdon Manor School (see appendix 4 of its 'school visits policy')
Examples from other organisations
Hertfordshire Grid for Learning has a risk assessment for minibus travel during off-site visits. Download the file ('Travel minibus') from the bottom of its risk assessments page.
The 'outside travel' risk assessment of Ludlow Swimming Club covers minibus transport.
Minibus safety: guidance from a union
Guidance from the National Education Union (NEU) sets out information on:
- Legal requirements for school minibuses
- Drivers' responsibilities
- Recommended training for minibus drivers
- Recommended safety checks for minibuses
Create your own risk assessment
Use the templates in our article to create your own risk assessment.