Awareness day resource hub: 2022/23
Looking to use awareness days to shine a light on a particular topic? Use our resources to help you plan these into your assemblies or curriculum each term.
- Have our assembly planner to hand
- 8 September: International Literacy Day
- 26 September: European Day of Languages
- 1 October: Black History Month begins
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day
- 16 October: World Food Day
- 10 November: World Science Day
- 14 to 18 November: Anti-Bullying Week
- Throughout: religious holidays and celebrations
Have our assembly planner to hand
Our assembly planner covers all of the topics you may wish to cover in assemblies, with a weekly schedule you can customise. Share it with staff to remind them what's coming up.
8 September: International Literacy Day
Get some fresh ideas: see how other schools promote reading for pleasure and encourage everyone in school to be a book-lover.
26 September: European Day of Languages
- Primary schools: use our deep dive questions to help you review your modern foreign languages (MFL) curriculum and spot an opportunity to celebrate this
- Secondary schools: use our curriculum audit tool to help you do the same
Get the conversation going: learn how to talk to pupils about race, racism and the Black Lives Matter movement Build your awareness ... share our reading lists for staff, so your team fully understands the issues ... and help your pupils build theirs: find out how to review and improve diversity in the books you
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.