You are here:
Remote learning: survey pack for parents and pupils
Use our survey pack to gather views from parents and pupils on your school's approach to remote learning, so you can find out what’s working and what you need to change.
26 January 2021: we updated our survey pack to include additional questions for parents about how confident they feel supporting their child's learning at home.
Download our survey pack
In our pack for parents and pupils, you'll find:
- A statement bank on home learning and wellbeing
- Open-ended questions on what your school is doing well on, and how you could improve
- Template letters for pupils and parents
Set up an online survey
Use any online survey tool you're comfortable with (e.g. Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, or SurveyMonkey).
Copy the statements and questions you'd like to use from the pack and drop them into your online survey tool.
Analyse and share the results
Discuss the survey results with your senior leadership team, over a video conference call if possible. (If your school doesn't yet have a digital education platform, use our impartial feature comparison and apply for funded support to get set up either on G Suite for Education or Office 365 Education.)
You'll want to:
- Calculate response percentages for each statement (if your survey tool doesn't do this for you)
- Look for common themes in the comments fields
- Identify areas you can change and justify why you can't address particular issues - this will help you explain your conclusions to parents
Share the results with:
- Class teachers - reassure them that you're all learning as you go and any negative feedback doesn't mean they're performing badly as a teacher
- Parents and pupils - share the significant percentages and common themes. If you can, explain how you're working to address issues. If you can't solve a problem, explain your reasoning
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.