You are here:
Remote learning: how to support parents who are struggling
For parents with limited time or language skills, supporting their child’s remote learning can feel overwhelming. Find out how schools are helping them, and read our case study to learn how one school adapted its remote learning offer to suit the needs of its high proportion of families with EAL.
- Use videos to explain key concepts
- Help parents to understand any essential tech
- Invite parents to designated feedback sessions with their child
- Design a flexible timetable and clarify your priorities
- Reach out quickly and kindly if you have any concerns
- Clarify your turnaround times
- Ask for their input and respond transparently
- How one school adapted its remote learning offer to suit its families with English as an additional language (EAL)
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.