You are here:
Remote learning: strategies to tackle low engagement
With schools partially closed and many pupils learning from home, find out what steps you can take to help pupils and their parents/carers overcome barriers to engagement.
- Consider how you can provide support to overcome barriers
- "We're struggling to get set up on the tech"
- "We don’t have a suitable device"
- "My child isn't motivated to work"
- "I can't give my child the level of support you're asking for"
- "My child can't keep up with the amount of work"
- "My child has SEND and I'm struggling to support them"
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.