You are here:
Digital education platform hub
Use the resources here to help you get set up on a free-to-use digital platform that will support your remote learning provision for pupils who cannot be in school due to coronavirus restrictions.
To help you fulfil the Department for Education’s expectations around remote learning, schools and responsible bodies can apply for DfE-funded support to get set up on G Suite for Education or Office 365 Education.
- If you don’t have a digital education platform, use our impartial feature comparison and case studies to help you make a call. Then apply for funded support to get set up at the bottom of the page
- If you already have Office 365 or G Suite, but are not yet set up to assign work and communicate with pupils, read our case studies on how schools have been making the most of these platforms. Apply for funded support to complete the set-up at the bottom of the page
More about the DfE-funded scheme and eligibility
Why make the move to a digital education platform?
- Why every school should use a digital education platform
- Mythbuster: 7 misconceptions about digital education platforms
What are the key differences between Office 365 and G Suite?
How are schools using digital education platforms to deliver an ambitious education?
- Primary: how 4 schools are making excellent use of G Suite for Education and Office 365 Education
- Secondary: how 4 schools are making excellent use of G Suite for Education and Office 365 Education
- Community: top tips for getting started with G Suite for Education
- Community: top tips for getting started with Office 365 Education
Once we're set up, how can we make sure we make the most of the platform?
We've made our decision – what do we do next?
Click below to apply for DfE-funded support with getting set up.
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.