You are here:
Recruitment during coronavirus: how to manage it remotely
You're advised to limit the number of visitors to your school during the national lockdown. Get guidance on remote interviews, virtual tours and more, so you can hire new staff safely.
- Continue recruiting remotely
- Take extra precautions so the process runs smoothly
- Have an additional phone interview to screen candidates
- Speak with referees before the interview
- Set up remote interviewing and test it
- Give candidates a virtual video tour
- Plan an alternative to traditional lesson observations
- Get candidates for senior positions to meet staff remotely
- Consider face-to-face interviews with final-stage candidates only
- Check ID documents remotely
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.