You are here:
Coronavirus: operational guidance summary
Find out what you need to do to run your school safely, based on the DfE's latest operational guidance. Here we cover the main changes to government rules, including on attendance, face coverings, and coronavirus testing.
- From 1 April: everyone should attend unless they're self-isolating
- Follow protective measures and review your risk assessment
- When educational visits might resume
- Wrap-around provision can go ahead
- National assessments and exams won't go ahead this summer
- Continue to teach music, dance and drama in line with guidance
- Prioritise outdoor PE and hold sports competitions outdoors
- Ofsted: 'light-touch' over summer, full inspections in September
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.