You are here:
School reopening: supporting pupils with SEND to transition back to school
Find out how to help pupils with SEND get back into school life and adjust to the ‘new normal’, including tips on adapting instructions and conversations to have. You know your pupils best, so pick the approaches that work best for their needs.
- Use your risk assessments to guide support for each pupil
- Make your resources and routines accessible for all pupils
- Speak to pupils about changes in the school as they return
- Set your pupils up with a peer mentor
- Celebrate work completed in lockdown to build pupils' confidence
- Make time slots for parents to speak to teachers and the SENCO throughout the summer term
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.