Internal assessment (primary) 6 articles
- Understand how to assess effectively in foundation subjects. Mix and match 6 assessment activities to help you, and see how a primary school has approached foundation subject assessment.
- Find guidance on the use of formative and summative assessment of early reading, and see examples of reading assessment grids from other schools.
- Learn how to moderate pupils' work, help teachers make accurate and consistent judgements of pupil progress and plan their next steps. Use our templates to help you moderate reading, writing and maths.
KS2 SATs 5 articles
- Prepare for KS1 and 2 SATs with guidance on the types of access arrangements available, which pupils may need additional support and the deadlines for applications.
- Get to grips with the KS1 and KS2 grammar, punctuation and spelling (GPS) tests. Understand which pupils they apply to and the format of the tests.
- Get an overview of KS2 SATs for 2024. Download and share this QuickRead with colleagues as a ready-made resource to help keep them up to speed.
Tracking progress (primary) 4 articles
- See how you can assess and monitor pupils' progress in maths using different resources.
- See what data you can use when monitoring the progress of vulnerable pupils, and find tools to help you track behaviour and wellbeing.
- Analyse the impact of your pupil premium interventions by downloading our tracking tool. Use it to help you make your funding go further, and to make sure your plans are impact-focused.