You are here:
Key Stage 2 SATs: which pupils shouldn't take them?
Not all pupils have to take part in Key Stage 2 SATs. Find out which pupils shouldn't take the test and your requirements to inform parents of your decision.
- Do pupils in my school have to take the tests?
- You must register all pupils, even if they won't take the tests
- Headteachers decide which pupils take the test
- Pupils that should take the test
- Pupils that shouldn't take the test
- If you withdraw pupils, your must let parents know
- Parents can appeal your decision
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.