Autumn 2021 exam arrangements
Find out which pupils can enter exams this autumn and who's responsible for entering them. See how to claim for exam fees, alternative venues and invigilators, so you're ahead of the game when the claims window opens later this term.
This article summarises the DfE’s guidance on exam centre responsibility and the exam support service for autumn 2021.
Which exams can candidates sit?
Candidates who aren’t using their grade from summer 2021 to move onto their next step will be able to sit exams regulated by Ofqual in autumn 2021 for:
- Some AS levels
- Some vocational and technical qualifications (VTQs)
- Some other general qualifications
Which candidates are eligible?
Candidates can sit exams in autumn 2021 if they:
- Were entered for a teacher assessed grade (TAG) in summer 2021
- Would have intended to enter had exams gone ahead (this includes private candidates)
- Were aged at least 16 on 31 August 2021 (for GCSE English language and maths exams in the November series only)
Who’s responsible for entering them?
Had entered as private candidates Are no longer on your roll but aren’t