You are here:
Remote learning: self-evaluation form (SEF)
Use our SEF to rate your school's remote learning provision - it's based on the DfE's expectations and review framework, evidence-based recommendations from the Education Endowment Foundation and advice from top school leaders. The criteria here will help you identify areas for improvement, plan your next steps and review progress throughout the year.
Download and use our remote learning SEF
Fill in this template to get a snapshot of where you are now with your remote learning offer. Use the prompts here to:
- RAG (red, amber, green) rate your school's remote learning offer against 'expected' criteria that reflect:
- The DfE's expectations and remote education review framework
- Good practice recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation and school leaders
- Identify 'amber' or 'red' areas where you could improve
- Capture notes on where your specific gaps or weaknesses are
- Decide on your next steps for each area - we've included suggestions to help you
You can then use your findings to inform discussions with staff, governors, parents and others to help you take the next steps to improve your remote learning provision.
You're not required to create a
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.