Pupil premium: how to spend it wisely
Get top tips on making the best use of your pupil premium funding, so you can raise attainment across your school.
- Appoint a member of the SLT to lead on pupil premium
- Audit your provision
- Raise teaching quality across your school
- Run targeted support sessions
- Improve behaviour, attendance, and social and emotional needs
- Create an 'anything is possible' culture
- Learn from a pupil premium award-winning school
- Next steps
Appoint a member of the SLT to lead on pupil premium
They should have the time, skills and experience to develop your school's pupil premium strategy. They should also have a good understanding of pupils' needs.
Audit your provision and pupil premium spending to make sure it's what you want it to be – learn how to do this effectively in the next section Keep up to date with research about approaches to the pupil premium, to help you comply with your requirement to demonstrate the research evidence behind your spending – there's more on this in section 3, below Develop a 3-year strategic plan and an action plan and provision map Maximise the impact of your pupil premium funding alongside any unspent coronavirus catch-up premium Keep governors informed Track pupil progress – it's good practice to measure the impact of your interventions at least once a term Monitor teaching and learning and the impact this has