You are here:
Pupil premium: English and maths interventions
Understand your requirements when it comes to tackling English and maths with your pupil premium funding. Find research-based approaches from the DfE and the Education Endowment Foundation, and see how schools are putting these into action.
- You must demonstrate the evidence behind your interventions
- Understand what your pupils need
- See if the EEF’s toolkit could help you meet those needs
- Create an English or maths teaching and learning lead
- Fund staff CPD time to secure high-quality teaching
- Engage with the National Tutoring Programme
- Primary schools: introduce short, sharp language sessions
- Secondary schools: develop reading comprehension and metacognition
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.