Exeter House School, a special academy in Wiltshire, has a document outlining its post-16 curriculum, which includes a focus on key skills and vocational activities.
It covers units such as:
- Accessing the community and independent travel
- Personal and social development
- Functional skills: maths, English, ICT
- Accreditation, including Duke of Edinburgh Bronze and Silver awards
- Vocational skills and work-related learning
- Work experience and enterprise
Exeter House School bases a number of its curriculum units on the programmes offered by ASDAN, a curriculum development organisation focusing on life skills.
ASDAN has a number of programmes for pupils with SEN, including ones focused on improving independence and preparing for adulthood:
Please note that its inclusion here doesn't constitute an endorsement from The Key.