Attendance policy: model and examples
Download and adapt our model attendance policy, or if you prefer to write or review your own, use our checklist setting out requirements and good practice. Share your policy highlights with parents using our handy summary letter.
Download our model policy
Our model policy:
- Is in line with relevant requirements and good practice
- Is designed for your school to adapt
- Has been approved by Forbes Solicitors
If your current policy is different from ours, or you're writing your own and don't want to use our model, you'll need to make sure it covers some specific points set out in the guidance.
Remind parents and carers of the rules around attendance
Download, adapt and share our template letter, to help you communicate your attendance expectations with parents and carers.
See school examples
- Temple Grafton Church of England Primary School in Warwickshire
- Buttsbury Infant School in Essex
- Blackwell First School in Worcestershire
- Trinity Church of England High School in Manchester
- Waldegrave School in Richmond upon Thames
- Ribblesdale School in Lancashire