ICT and internet acceptable use policy: model and examples
Set clear expectations for ICT and internet acceptable use by using our model policy. See examples of policies from other schools to help you develop your own.
Download our model policy
Use it to set guidelines and rules for the acceptable use of ICT and the internet in your school. Our policy has been approved by Forbes Solicitors and covers staff, governors, pupils and parents/carers. It also includes:
- Guidelines for school staff on using Facebook
- A parent/carer agreement on communicating with the school that covers the use of private email, chat or social media groups
- Acceptable use agreements for staff, younger pupils and older pupils
- Advice on how to protect your school from cyber attacks, including a glossary
We developed this policy with Karen Mitchell, 1 of our associate experts.
See example school policies
- St Thomas' Catholic Primary School, Kent (included in its online safety policy, pages 7 to 11)
- Kings Worthy Primary School, Hampshire (there's 1 policy for pupils and 1 for adults)
Woodbridge High School, Redbridge (ICT acceptable use policy for students and an ICT E-safety policy) Colne Park High