ICT and internet acceptable use policy: model and examples
Set clear expectations for ICT and internet acceptable use using our model policy. See examples of policies from other schools to help you develop your own.
Download our model policy
Use it to set guidelines and rules for the acceptable use of ICT and the internet in your school. Our policy has been approved by Forbes Solicitors and covers staff, governors, pupils and parents. It also includes:
- Guidelines for school staff on using Facebook
- A parent agreement on communicating with the school that covers the use of private email, chat or social media groups
- Acceptable use agreements for staff, younger pupils and older pupils
- Advice on how to protect your school from cyber attacks, including a glossary
We developed this policy with Karen Mitchell, one of our associate experts.
See example school policies
- Wingfield Primary School, Greenwich
- Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Primary School, Northamptonshire (click on 'computing and acceptable use')
- Kings Worthy Primary School, Hampshire (there's one policy for pupils and one for adults)
Woodbridge High School, Redbridge (ICT acceptable use policy for students and an ICT E-safety policy) Bishop