Parent code of conduct: model and examples
Use our model parent code of conduct to set clear expectations and guidelines on appropriate behaviour. See examples from schools to help you develop your own.
Download our model code of conduct
Adapt our parent code of conduct to suit the needs of your school.
Our model takes account of relevant requirements and good practice, and is approved by Forbes Solicitors.
It also includes model letters for:
- Issuing warning to parents about breaches of the code of conduct
- Banning a parent from the school site
See school examples
- Moor Hall Primary School, a foundation school in Birmingham
- Fir Tree Junior School, an academy in Oxfordshire
- Cockburn School, an academy in Leeds
- The Crossley Heath School, an academy in Calderdale
- The Edith Borthwick School, a community school in Essex
- Millwood Primary Special School, a community school in Bury
Parental contracts, like codes of conduct, aren't legally binding. You can't require parents to sign and abide by a code of conduct, but you can request