Maths and numeracy policies
Find out what to include in your maths or numeracy policy. See examples of policies from a range of primary schools, secondary schools and special schools.
Sarah Searle-Barnes, one of our associate education experts, helped us with this article.
What to include in your maths or numeracy policy
- An opening statement highlighting the importance of maths
- An explanation of what a maths learning environment should look like in your school
- The learning strategies teachers use
- How the curriculum is planned in the long-term and short-term
- The role of parents in learning inside and outside of school
Examples of maths policies
- Wingate Primary School, Durham
- Howe Dell Primary School, Hertfordshire (scroll to the 'other policies' section)
- Gillespie Primary School, Islington
- Acorns Primary School, Preston (primary special school)
- Cribden House School, Lancashire (primary special school)
Sarah Searle-Barnes is a school governor. She has extensive experience of primary headship and performance management of staff.