School uniform policy: model and examples
Adapt our model to help you develop your uniform policy in line with your requirement to make uniform affordable to families. Get further inspiration from primary, secondary and special schools.
If you're starting from scratch: customise our model
It's based on:
- Statutory guidance on the cost of school uniform, with which you should be fully compliant with by summer 2023
- Non-statutory uniform guidance from the DfE
- Advice from the Schoolwear Association
- Case studies on discrimination from the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Advice on equality from our associate education expert, Lucinda Bell. Lucinda is a senior lawyer specialising in education law. She provides advice to schools and governors, and serves as a school governor
Approved by Forbes Solicitors, all of our model documents take account of relevant requirements and good practice. They are easy to adapt, will save you time and will help you keep your school compliant.
You can find further model policies and complete policy support by using our Policy Expert.
If you're reviewing your existing policy