You are here:
Children missing education (CME): policies and procedures
Find out about the statutory requirements for school procedures on children missing education (CME), including monitoring attendance, admissions registers and making reasonable enquiries after a child is identified as missing. Read CME policies from primary, secondary and special schools.
- Understand your attendance and registration requirements
- Know the types of pupils who are most at risk of going missing from education
- You must make 'reasonable enquiries' for pupils who aren't attending
- You don't need a CME policy, but staff need to know about it
- See examples of policies from schools
- Save time and stay compliant with Safeguarding Training Centre
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.