You are here:
Online safety policy: model and examples
Download and adapt our model online safety policy, which includes acceptable use agreements for pupils, parents and staff. See examples of policies from primary, secondary and special schools.
Download our model policy
Our model is:
- Designed for you to adapt to suit your school's context
- In line with relevant requirements and good practice
- Approved by Forbes Solicitors
It also contains:
- Separate acceptable use agreements for you to use with:
- EYFS and KS1 pupils and parents/carers
- KS2, KS3 and KS4 pupils and parents/carers
- 9 December 2021 - this agreement now includes a statement that says 'I will not... Create, link to or post any material that is pornographic, offensive, obscene or otherwise inappropriate'. This is to bolster the agreement in light of staff being bullied on social media sites, such as TikTok. Use this resource hub to help you handle these situations
- Staff, governors, volunteers and visitors
- A self-audit for staff on their online safety training needs
- An online safety incident report log for your designated safeguarding lead (DSL) to use
If you've previously adapted our
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.