You are here:
School minibus policies
Get ideas for your own school minibus policy with these examples from primary, secondary and special schools.
Policies from primary schools
Community school in Norfolk
Sheringham Community Primary School's minibus policy contains guidance on:
- The responsibilities of different members of staff
- Risk assessment requirements
- The checks needed before use
- Licensing requirements
- MOT, servicing and maintenance requirements
- Safe usage
The policy also contains appendices which include:
- A sample risk assessment
- A pre-journey checklist
Academy in Coventry
The minibus policy from Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School covers matters such as:
- School responsibilities
- Driver responsibilities
- Breakdown procedure
- Hiring out the minibus to third parties
It also includes a checklist to be completed before each journey.
Policies from secondary schools
Academy in Bedfordshire
The minibus policy from Samuel Whitbread Academy explains:
- Who will be given authorisation to drive the minibus
- The procedure to be followed in case of an accident or breakdown
- Requirements for maintenance
It also contains a protocol for drivers to follow, which includes pre-drive safety checks and requirements for fuelling the bus.
All Saints Roman Catholic School's minibus policy (see under 'Health, Safety and
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.