Statutory policies and documents for schools
Download our list of the policies and documents you must have, so you're clear on any changes and can make sure you’re compliant.
Get notified about changes to your requirements
Use our Policy Expert feature to stay up to date with any changes to the list of policies your school must have.
It also gives you a single view of:
- When the guidance was last updated
- Which policies you need on your website
- How often the policy needs reviewing
- Who to send it to for approval
To find out which documents you need that aren't policies, see the list below.
Our list for maintained schools covers:
- All local authority (LA)-maintained schools, including maintained special schools
- Maintained and non-maintained nursery schools
- Pupil referral units (PRUs)
- Non-maintained special schools, because your requirements are more similar to maintained schools than to academies or independent schools
Single academy trusts, including free schools
Click below to check what you must publish
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.