You are here:
Positive handling plans: examples
See examples of positive handling plans from infant, primary, secondary and special schools to help you write or update your own.
- St Crispin's CP Infant School in Kent – see the "positive handling policy" (page 5)
- Fiddlers Lane Community Primary School in Salford – see the "behaviour and physical intervention primary policy" (pages 25 and 26)
- Oak Bank School, a primary in Central Bedfordshire – see the "use of reasonable force policy" (page 6)
- Crown Hills Community College, a secondary in Leicester – see the "physical intervention policy" (pages 12 and 13)
- Hillside Specialist School & College, an all-through special school in Lancashire – see the "use of restraint policy" (pages 4 to 7)
Take a look at our article on using force to restrain pupils, which includes a definition of reasonable force from the DfE.
You can also see examples of positive handling policies.
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.