You are here:
How to review your school uniform policy
Follow these steps to make sure your uniform policy is in line with the DfE's new statutory guidance on uniform costs. Use our cost ready-reckoner, policy audit and consultation guidance to help you develop a policy that works for your school and provides value for money.
- Work with governors or trust leaders to review your policy
- Calculate the average cost of your school uniform
- Download our audit to identify whether you need to make changes
- Consult parents and pupils on your policy
- Prepare for questions from governors on your draft policy
- Communicate changes to your policy to parents
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.